Intertextual Connections


Different


I am often guilty of responding to the calling
With doubtful thoughts – Why me?
Why does it have to be me?
Why does it always have to be me?
Maybe I have been looking at it all differently, that’s why

As we take our place beside God
We take our stand to be different
From the rest of the world
As different as we may be
We stand to make a difference
In peoples’ lives of this world

For now I understand the significance
Of my father’s love and grace
For His love took Him to the grave
But rose again to make me brave
So that we all may become a base
That may shine in this world of decadence

As we take our place beside God
We take our stand to be different
From the rest of the world
As different as we may be
We stand to make a difference
In peoples’ lives of this world

So may I be different in my views
Once again asking – Why me?
What have I ever done to receive your love and grace
That you may love me as your own
Even when the world took to disown
A different stand now I take to be known

As we take our place beside God
We take our stand to be different
From the rest of the world
As different as we may be
We stand to make a difference
In peoples’ lives of this world

~sw~

0 Responses to “Different”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.